There is no doubt that summer is steadily slipping away from us; pumpkins and costumes are creeping into shops, the sun is setting sooner, and Labor Day weekend is upon us. But since we’re not ready to let go of the season (and neither is the California heat) we’re going to continue having summer barbecues and grilling up veggies to eat alongside our Spicy Cilantro Everything Spread.
These spiced veggie and paneer kabobs pack in loads of health benefits as well as flavor! Our Spicy Cilantro spread is full of fresh cilantro, which is known to cleanse the body of harmful toxins. Turmeric, which we used in the marinated veggies, is wonderful for anti-inflammatory purposes. Paneer is a type of curd cheese commonly used in Indian cooking, and its a great way to incorporate protein and calcium into a vegetarian diet. On its own, paneer essentially flavorless which is why is it important to marinate it before grilling (think of it as the tofu of Indian cuisine). If you eat a Plant Based diet, you also have the option of remove the Paneer, and replace it with more veggies or tofu.
Here’s what you need to recreate these spiced veggie and paneer kabobs with spicy cilantro dip.
Turmeric Veggie Kabobs w/ Spicy Cilantro Dip Recipe:
15 Shitake mushrooms
1 Cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
14 oz Paneer, cut into 1-inch cubes (optional)
1 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons ground turmeric
2 tablespoons cumin
1-2 tablespoons chili powder (depending on spice preference)
For the Spicy Cilantro Dip:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (enough to coat the veggies and paneer cubes)
5 tablespoons Spicy Cilantro Everything Spread
1) Drizzle cubes of paneer with olive oil and add in 1 tbsp each of turmeric, cumin and chili powder. Add salt and pepper to taste and half a bunch of finely chopped cilantro. Mix well and set aside to marinate for 30 min to 1 hour.
2) To prepare the veggies for your kabob skewers cut them into bite-sized chunks and coat them in EVOO
3) Add a tablespoon each of turmeric, cumin and chili powder. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss the vegetables in the mixture to ensure they are evenly coated with the spices.
4) Using 12 steel kabob skewers, skewer on the vegetables and paneer in any desired order
5) Grill on medium heat until vegetables and paneer are charred on the outside and cooked through
6) To make the Spicy Cilantro dip, combine 5 tablespoons of our Spicy Cilantro spread with water until it reaches a desired consistency.
7) Drizzle veggies with dip and garnish with leftover cilantro and enjoy!