Halloween calls for lots of sweet treats and candy for everyone; make these Crunchy Pumpkin "Butter" Cups for a healthy and flavorful fall version of the regular peanut butter cup.
1 package of dark melting chocolate
2 tbspn coconut oil
1/3 cup pumpkin seed
2 tbspn maple syrup
1/4 cup Pumpkin "Butter" Everything Spread
1/4 cup ground almonds
Coarse sea salt
1. Combine pumpkin seeds, maple syrup and a pinch of salt and mix well. Spread evenly on a greased baking tray and toast in toaster oven for 5-6 minutes keeping a close eye on the mixture.
2. Break up toasted pumpkin seeds into small pieces and set aside.
3. Pour chocolate into microwave bowl and add coconut oil. Heat for 30 second intervals stirring in between until chocolate is melted completely.
4. Line a mini cupcake baking tray with cupcake liners and pour a thin layer of chocolate into each tin. Refridgerate for 10 minutes to set.
5. Meanwhile combine Pumpkin "Butter" Everything Spread in a small bowl with ground almond to create a thick paste.
6. Spoon a small amount of pumpkin mixture into each tin. Top with ground pumpkin seed mixture being sure not to over fill each cup. Pour another layer of chocolate into each cup to cover the fillings.
7. Set in fridge for 10-15 minutes and enjoy! 🎃