Slow roasting: the most fool-proof way to cook salmon. Slow roasting the salmon cooks it to a perfect level of doneness where the fish is soft, a little flakey and almost melts in your mouth. Although you can use any mix of seasonings to cook the fish, our Chimichurri Everything Spread provides the perfect blend of herbs to compliment the buttery-ness of the fish and create a flavorful harmony. Read below for the recipe for slow-roasted salmon with chimichurri sauce.
Slow Roasted Chimichurri Salmon
1 lb filet of salmon (skin-on preferred)
1 lime, sliced
avocado oil (or you oil of choice)
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp red chili flakes
2 tablespoons Chimichurri Everything Spread
1 chili pepper, diced (optional)
3 cloves of garlic, sliced
1/2 small red onion, sliced
few sprigs cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees
2. Slice the lime into thin rounds, slice enough pieces to evenly cover the bottom of your baking pan.
3. Coat the pan with oil, and arrange the limes evenly into the pan.
4. Place salmon filet on top of the limes and season with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes
5. In a small bowl mix together avocado oil, Chimichurri Everything Spread, and finely chopped chili pepper
6. Pour the mixture on top of the salmon and massage it into the fish
7. Place in the heated oven and cook for 25 minutes
8. While the fish is in the oven, roughly slice the garlic and fry them in a small pan until golden brown
9. After 25 minutes, baste the fish with the sauce from the sides of the pan and bake for another 10-20 minutes
10. Garnish with garlic pieces, thinly sliced red onion, and a few leaves of cilantro