Our recipe for vegan quiche is just as tasty, filling and satisfying as a real quiche-- also--it's baked into a crispy hash brown crust! We used our Chimichurri Everything Spread to add a creamy and herby flavor the quiche filling to make it even more flavorful and delicious.
Yields 4-8 Servings (1 Quiche)
3 cups shredded potatoes (store bought hash browns)
2 tsp garlic salt
Salt and pepper
1 pack of tofu (can be any texture but we used firm)
3 tsp turmeric
2 tsp black salt
1 tbspn soy sauce
1 tsp smoked paprika
Salt and pepper
3 tbspn Chimichurri Everything Spread
1/2 onion (caramelized)
2-3 sprigs thyme
1 bunch of green onion
4 medium oyster mushrooms (or sub a different type of mushroom)
- Pre-heat oven 450 degrees and coat a 9-in round baking pan with olive oil
- Toss 3 cups of potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, garlic salt and salt and pepper to taste. Spread evenly into the baking pan and press into the pan and up the sides to form the crust.
- Bake crust in the oven for about 20-25 min until it is golden brown
- Meanwhile, create the filling by adding crumbled tofu, turmeric, black salt, soy sauce, smoked paprika, caramelized onions and salt and pepper (to taste) into a food processor. Blend until everything is combined and smooth.
- Fold in 3 tablespoons of Chimichurri Everything Spread and combine well
- Cut the mushrooms into tiny 1/4 inch pieces and cook them in a pan with olive oil and thyme springs until they're cooked through.
- Cut green onion into 1/4 inch pieces and add to the pan with mushrooms and cook until green onion is wilted. Remove thyme leaves from the sprigs into the mixture and discard the branches.
- Layer the mushroom and green onion mixture onto the hash brown crust and top with tofu filling.
- Bake quiche in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of Chimichurri Everything Spread and chopped green onions.