This recipe for vegan "ricotta" is simple and flavorful and the perfect addition to any pasta! We've combined it with spinach and stuffed it into pasta shells smothered with Lemon Pesto Everything Spread for a filling meal.
Yield 9-10 Shells
7 big pasta shells
3/4 cup of almonds
1/2 package of tofu
1 tbspn garlic Salt
1 tsp soy sauce
5 tbspn Lemon Pesto Everything Spread
1 bunch spinach
Handful of breadcrumbs
Chopped basil for garnish
1. Boil pasta according to package directions, we boiled ours for 9 minutes, and set aside.
2. After removing pasta from boiling water, add the almonds and boil them for 10 minutes and drain.
3. After the almonds have cooled remove the skins and set aside.
4. Press down on tofu with paper towels to remove the excess water from the tofu.
5. Add tofu and ricotta to a food processor with garlic salt, soy sauce, a pinch of salt and one tbspn of Lemon Pesto Everything Spread. Blend until the mixture is well mixed but still a little lumpy to resemble ricotta cheese.
6. Cook the spinach through and chop it into small shreds. Add spinach to "ricotta" mixture.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a small oven-safe pan to bake the shells in.
8. Mix the remaining Lemon Pesto Everything Spread with a little water to get it to a saucy consistency and spread a little over half the mixture on the bottom of the pan.
9. Stuff the shells with about a spoonful of "ricotta" and place in pan. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
10. Serve with chopped basil and remaining sauce.